Friday, September 28, 2012

REVIEW: Silver Star carbon blades


I am a big fan of carbon blades and this particular brand - extinct for 50 years now - is hands down my favorite carbon. I've given samples to others who have verified what I found to be true: these "Duridium" (heh) blades are surprisingly smooth. Are they as smooth as finer stainless blades? No, but they do have two advantages. (1) they are as smooth as some low to mid-grade stainless blades, which carbons tend not to be, BUT (2) being carbons, they can be stropped and honed to maintain their superior cutting edge. 

The sealed lot pictured above is well worth the $10 shipped I paid for them because I know they give consistently smooth shaves which, with my Shake Sharp razor, will now last longer than they otherwise would. 

Highly recommended if you have the chance to try them. 


(by the way, that's blade wax you see on the opened blade...it's the first time I've seen one that heavily done)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment